IT Specialist (Application Software) GS-11
Apply online through 10/7/2022 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/681400000
This opportunity is open to US Citizens and Nationals.
Duty location is negotiable throughout the continental United States.
Uses established practices and techniques to develop test plans.
Establishes unit test criteria to ensure all program modules and outputs are tested for completeness and accuracy.
Analyzes system characteristics and critical operational issues identified in the system requirements.
Participates in systems integration and systems acceptability testing.
Identifies, develops, and coordinates detailed test operation procedures.
Evaluates test results, limitations, and takes appropriate corrective actions.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
Resumes for federal government positions need more detailed work descriptions and accomplishments than a typical private sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe the full scope of your work experiences in your resume.
Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. For vacancies below the full-performance level of the position, the basic requirement will be evaluated on a developmental basis. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process
- Attention to Detail -experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards. My work or the data that I produce is typically reviewed by my supervisor or another colleague
- Customer Service - experience having brief contact with customers to provide information about available information technology products and services and providing customers with standard products or routine services to address information technology needs
- Oral Communication - experience informing my supervisor and other IT staff of the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of basic technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem Solving - identifying or selecting from a number of alternatives to address routine information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from standard sources that provide a limited number of solutions
In addition to the Basic Requirement, applicant must also possess:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-09) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized Experience is defined as: Providing system analysis, design, coding, or testing for the implementation of software financial systems; performing in-depth analysis of automated and manual systems; AND IT-related experience demonstrating Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving as described in the vacancy announcement.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education for experience:
A qualifying Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. Combination of education and experience is not applicable for this
For additional information or to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/681400000