Senior / Research Associate, Discovery Chemistry
Does harnessing the power of high throughput chemistry and chemical biology to explore novel biology and drive drug discovery thrill you? We get excited too. We are seeking a self-motivated synthetic chemist to join our team and help advance our DNA Encoded Library Enabled Machine Learning (ML-DEL) platform and other Discovery Technology platforms. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. You’ll have fun in our collaborative and energetic environment where you’ll face new challenges every day.
Advance the Discovery Technology platforms through synthesis in the lab -
- You will apply your synthetic chemistry experience to help design and make purpose-built, highly specialized libraries
- You will test how building blocks react under optimized chemistry conditions
- You will leverage our automation capabilities to execute high-throughput chemistry workflows to accelerate a variety of discovery efforts
- You will use specialized software for large scale data organization, visualization, and analysis
- Safety is paramount, and you are committed to following protocols and documenting your work clearly
- You will take an active role in the team and help keep the lab running
Be an outstanding team player-
- You are committed to building a respectful, energetic, and open culture
- Understanding data is critical, so you will stay on top of the latest results, brainstorm with the team about their implications, and help craft new ideas in response
- Your voice is important; we will count on you to contribute to the group’s success by sharing your expertise with others and through collaboration across teams
- You have a BS or MS in chemistry with prior academic or industry research experience in organic synthesis
- You have experience with LCMS and HPLC or other chromatography methods
- The ideal candidate would have prior parallel chemistry, high throughput chemistry, DNA encoded library, or automation experience
- Detail-oriented & organized are adjectives to describe you
- You are committed to data driven decision making and the execution of laboratory experiments to enable those decisions
- Problem solving is fun! You are eager to troubleshoot and solve technical and logistical problems
- You have strong communication skills, can flex to different work styles, and believe that the best outcomes result from bringing out the creativity of your colleagues.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!
Company policy requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) by the time they start employment. By applying to this position, you are confirming that, if hired, you can satisfy this express condition of employment. The Company will make reasonable accommodations under applicable law for qualified individuals to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship for the Company.