Spanish-Speaking Site Coordinator - Before School Program
Site Coordinator for Spanish Before School Program
Bilingual Learning Center (BLC) is looking for an experienced and responsible leader to run our bilingual (English-Spanish) before school program for K-8th grade students in Minneapolis. BLC is a 501(c)3 non-profit that works with public, private, and charter schools to foster a welcoming, multicultural, nurturing and fun environment, while promoting cultural experiences, a love for languages, successful academics, and leadership opportunities for students.
Hours: 8:00 - 10:00 AM Monday through Friday - follows school calendar
3 hours paid each day - $22 per hour
Since we work with school age children, a clean background is a must. Applicants must have a reliable mode of transportation. Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is expected.
What it’s like to work at BLC:
At BLC, everyone is family! Our team works hard to provide our students with a variety of fun activities that challenge them and help them to grow. We are looking for staff who are team players with can-do attitudes, who are willing to do anything that’s needed, and who are also self-starters with great ideas, able to handle a group of students on their own as needed. The BLC community reflects the diversity of Minneapolis and our work relies on strong relationships between our staff, students and their families, so the ability to communicate effectively with children and adults is very important. We also expect attention to detail as we look out for each child in our care.
- Maintain a welcoming, safe, and orderly environment and monitor student behavior on site during program hours, utilizing appropriate disciplinary measures as necessary
- Demonstrate strong leadership, excellent organizational and coordination skills, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Carefully track student attendance and check email daily to ensure that program updates and communications are reviewed and responded to in a timely manner
- Maintain a clear and consistent line of communication and cooperation with program staff, parents, school administration, and community leaders
- Respond to inquiries from parents and students regarding program offerings, attendance, and registration procedures
- Supervise program staff and conduct regular staff meetings (weekly or every other week)
- Work closely with the Program Manager to create and update the student roster by session and organize the student’s folder and attendance
- Respond to critical incidents and emergency situations with swift and mindful action
- Conversational Spanish or above
- Some college coursework is required - education, social or human services, child development, or related field preferred
- One or more years' experience working in a leadership or supervisory capacity in an academic, after school, day camp, or community youth outreach program
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing, and computer skills including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Bilingual Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to Apply:
Please send an electronic cover letter, resume and three references for consideration - Attn: Elianna Thorne, Program Manager, subject line “Site Coordinator - Risen Christ." Open until filled. The program site is at Risen Christ Catholic School, 1120 E 37th St, Minneapolis, MN 55407