Applied Researcher Intern (PhD)
Looking to help shape the future of global commerce? Grow as an Applied Researcher? Work on interesting projects with business impact?
- Build machine learning models and data pipelines to deliver insightful yet practical solutions as part of building online products across our various groups (Advertising, Merchandising, Marketing, Search, Shipping, etc).
- Build scalable data processing pipelines using Big Data technologies to acquire, analyze and transform knowledge datasets.
- Leverage Research and Engineering methodologies to solve real world, production level problems. Work with engineers as well as other cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions.
- Conduct experiments and evaluate the performance of algorithms, investigate false positives/false negatives and implement continuous improvements to the eBay ecosystem.
- Identify opportunities to implement Machine learning and AI into various areas of our Global Marketplace.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations: San Jose, CA; San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Bellevue, WA
- You will be directly responsible for conceiving and building machine learning solutions.
- Design and implement end to end solutions using machine learning, and own live deployments to improve both efficiency and user experience for buyers and sellers across our Marketplace.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and product teams to develop strategic and tactical enhancements to our platforms.
- Conduct experiments and evaluate the performance of the models, investigate false positives/false negatives and implement continuous improvements to the eBay ecosystem
- Research, assess, recommend, and develop technologies in the context of eBay’s Marketplace product requirements. Contribute to eBay’s patent portfolio.
- Communicate your methodology and results to a community of researchers, developers, analysts, and product managers working on a number of related technologies.
- Work with engineers as well as other cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions.
- Currently enrolled as a US student, 0-3years of relevant work experience in an accredited Masters, or PhD program within the United States graduating after December 2023.
- Enrolled in or pursuing a Master's or PhD Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics or related major.
- Creative thinker with an interest in building real-world products.
- Practical experience with Engineering/Programming/Coding. Strong mathematical, statistical, and scientific modeling skill
- Hands-on Technical experience (Academic experience is ok) with some of the following technologies: SQL, Java, Python, NoSQL Databases (MongoDB). Familiarity with: Hadoop, Pig, Spark, H2O is a plus.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.