2023 Graduate Program North America - Research, Development & Application (RD&A)
How often can you find a multi-billion-dollar company that offers you flexibility to change in your career as your interests change? You just did. Kerry's unique culture and commitment to change in the food, beverage, and pharma industries offers support and opportunities as your interests and need to explore grow. If fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and global opportunities appeal to you, then introduce yourself!
- Beloit, WI
- Banks Crossing, GA
Kerry is the world’s leading taste and nutrition partner for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. We innovate with our customers to create great tasting products, with improved nutrition and functionality, while ensuring better impact for the planet. Our leading and proprietary consumer insights, global RD&A team of 1,000+ food scientists and local manufacturing footprint in 31 countries enable us to co-create with our customers across over 150 countries. At Kerry, we are driven to be our customers’ most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition, and will reach over 2 billion consumers with sustainable nutrition solutions by 2030.
The RD&A Associate Scientists participate on proactive innovation projects and support customer requests both internal and external. They apply scientific and engineering principles for research and improvement of existing products. This includes conceptualizing, development, specification, and processing of new products. This will be achieved by working in a lab & pilot plant and understanding the customer needs. You will report to the RD&A Manager and be able to participate in brainstorming and ideation!
What you'll do
- Support sales and Sr. R&D representatives during customer calls through presentations both technical and culinary based
- Work with cross functional teams to optimize the strengths of Kerry and deliver the best Taste and Nutrition experience for our customers
- Study methods to improve quality of foods such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and microbiological composition of foods
- Actively live the Kerry values of Courage, Ownership, Inclusiveness, Open-mindedness, & Enterprising Spirit
Qualifications and Skills
What you'll need to be successful
- A Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in Food Science, Microbiology, Food, Process Engineering, Regulatory, Food Chemistry or equivalent
- Must be able to taste and smell chemicals, flavors, and food products
- Hands-on, with a practical mindset
- Ability to work within cross functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively to all levels of an organization
- Minimum 3.25 GPA
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here.