Category (Sourcing) Manager - Medical Equipment
Position Summary: - WORK FROM HOME
The Category Manager is responsible for developing and driving category specific strategies in their assigned category with a focus on "best value" and Total Cost of Ownership. Acting on own initiative, this position is responsible for driving strategic sourcing best practices, including RFx activities, establishing/maintaining supplier partnerships, and identifying supply risks and opportunities. Must be solution-focused, analytical, and have a strong bias for decision making rooted in data and analytics. Being comfortable with presenting data to stakeholders to promote the sourcing strategy is vital. The Category Manager will be part of a Strategic Sourcing team at a very well established, world-class cancer research and treatment organization.
· Facilitates best in class Category Management fundamentals to optimize price, quality, delivery, service level, and overall value.
· Develops and maintains industry knowledge assigned sourcing categories
· Leads RFx, negotiations, supplier sourcing, contract negotiations and compliance management for defined commodity groups through entirety.
· Provides category and spend informatics support and analysis of business operations and financial data to identify supply risks and opportunities with regard to total cost of ownership.
· Responsible for the category plan development, supply base evaluation, business case development, and risk/opportunity identification and handling
· Responsibilities also include the coordination and influence of supplier selection through the placement of strategic cross program long-term agreements
· Establish and lead cross functional teams to develop, execute and maintain cross company sourcing strategies driving acceptance and use of a consolidated strategic supply base
· Able to project influence in group settings and ability to express personal point of view in a constructive and direct manner
· Ability to identify issues and resources to effectively resolve problems
· Ability to display concise written and verbal communications to meet the needs of a diverse audience
· Ability to try new approaches and helps others through changes
· Strength in building relationships and strategic alliance; creates the right environment for teamwork
· Effectively brings complex negotiations to a successful conclusion through personal initiative and accountability, achieves timely and desired results by effectively and efficiently prioritizing tasks and projects
· Supports the Supplier Diversity efforts
· Develops , implements and manages contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to hold Suppliers accountable.
· Facilitates quarterly business reviews with key suppliers and stakeholders.
· Enforces supplier compliance with standards, policies, and procedures of enterprise, procurement department, stakeholder department, and industry best practices.
· Foster Supplier Collaboration and accountability
Bachelor’s Degree in General Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field.
Six (6) or more years of work experience, specifically in the areas of Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, consulting or comparable functional experience
In-depth knowledge of procurement and supply chain related processes and systems.
Master’s Degree preferred.