Educational Talent Search Tutor
Educational Talent Search is a federally funded program with the goal of increasing the number of youth who complete high school and enroll in and complete their postsecondary education. Our program provides support to students in Waterloo from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in postsecondary education.
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our team as a tutor and help students learn!
- Provide academic tutoring to middle school or high school students to support homework completion and improve their understanding
- Record time spend with students and complete progress reports as required
- Assist in the student sign in and sign out process to ensure documentation or participants
- Participate in team meetings, either in person or virtually
- Proactively communicate with Educational Talent Search staff about any questions
- Submit weekly time cards
- Ability to work in person at middle or high schools throughout the Waterloo Community school district
- Willingness and ability to support middle or high school students in at least one of the listed subject areas: math, science, english, or foreign language
- Available to provide tutoring during any or all of the following shifts: Monday-Thursday 2:45 p.m.-4:50 p.m.
- Patient, reliable, punctual, and have good communication skills