IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST-SENIOR
If you are motivated to make a direct impact on the community and continually improve how technology is used by the Court, this is your opportunity. We are a diverse, inclusive environment that prioritizes work-life balance.
The Milwaukee Municipal Court is seeking an IT Support Specialist-Senior to assist end-users, oversee the network environment, perform computer and server maintenance and basic website administration, and research and implement environments for software development.
The Municipal Court employs two IT Support Specialists who work collaboratively with the Court’s two programmers; currently, there is one vacancy.
Network and System Administration
- Monitor and support daily operation of the network environment (i.e., servers, workstations, and other peripherals) to ensure optimum performance, availability, and security.
- Install and configure hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems that occur.
- Serve in a help desk capacity providing user support for hardware and software, including the Court's Case Automated Tracking System (CATS).
Information System Design, User Support, and Project Work
- Perform basic database administration.
- Participate in IT projects, including recommendations, design, planning, implementation, and testing.
- Generate statistical and summary reports regarding court and case-related activity.
- Maintain the Court website.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Please be advised that all general city employees are required to have received either both doses of the Moderna or Pfizer or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine prior to their employment start date or have an approved religious or medical accommodation prior to their employment start date. You can find further information relative to the City’s Covid-19 Vaccination Policy here.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of experience performing systems administration (i.e., configuring, operating, and supporting software, hardware, servers, and workstations) in a Tier 2 information technology support environment.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. For example, a related Associate Degree plus four years of experience as described under #2, above, is considered equivalent.
The current salary range (Pay Range 2GN) is $57,902-$73,504, and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $59,639-$75,709. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.