Investment Risk Co-op (Hybrid - NYC)
This co-op is 3 days per week on site at the Lyxor New York City office
This position supports the Risk Management team by providing detailed, accurate and timely portfolio reports and analytics on both a regular and ad hoc basis for large institutional clients. The Risk team oversees $26 billion in hedge fund investments for its clients. The team has extensive interactions with hedge funds and investors.
- Analysis of portfolio performance and P&L attribution.
- Perform daily hedge fund monitoring for adherence to risk limits.
- Prepare and distribute regular and ad hoc portfolio analytics reports to portfolio managers and institutional clients.
- Analyze security and portfolio data.
- Other support responsibilities as necessary.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, with strong organizational, time management and spreadsheet skills required.
- High proficiency in Excel, MS Office, required; advanced excel skills (e.g. macro writing), a plus.
- Must possess analytical skills is required to troubleshoot unique problems and investigate issues other than standard sources and/or procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any given time.
- Knowledge of mutual fund structure, supporting operational lifecycle and functions is a must.
- Understanding of fixed income securities is a must.
- Understanding of complex debt instruments and OTC derivatives (FX and swaps), a plus.
Projected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this position, co-ops will have increased their knowledge of investing, the mutual fund industry, employee engagement, and a firm understanding of how an asset manager operates.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
Undergrad First co-op - Minimum: $21.00 / Maximum: $26.00
Undergrad Second co-op - Minimum: $23.00 / Maximum: $31.00
Graduate co-op Minimum - $35.00 / Maximum: $38.00