The Creative Coalition (TCC), a prominent 501(c)(3) non profit, is seeking students who are currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary educational institution completing coursework toward a degree or diploma. In addition, TCC will assist them in fulfilling any applicable academic or work experience requirements from their educational institution. Interns do not receive monetary compensation, and is in compliance with The Fair Labor Standards Act.
Applicants should have an interest in at least one of the following areas:
● Communication, such as dealing with the press on events and programs;
● Journalism, such as working on a newspaper or magazine;
● Public Relations, such as developing newsletters, press releases and press kits;
● Politics, such as working on a political or charitable campaign;
● Public Policy, such as community service or volunteerism.
Interns are exposed to TCC’s programs and administrative activities, including but not limited to:
● Social and political issues ranging from First Amendment rights and arts advocacy to children’s education and campaign finance reform;
● Relationship building with foundations and the media;
● Event planning and execution;
● Member relations;
● General business communications and office organization.
Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Intern opportunities are available during the summer, and when feasible during spring and fall semesters, with a maximum of 30 hours per calendar week allowed.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, The Creative Coalition office is closed and all Internships will be virtual until further notice.