Accounting Intern - Boston
About the Company
Tracing its roots back to 1933, MDD is one of the world’s top forensic accounting firms specializing in economic damage quantification calculations. With forensic accounting professionals in over 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD has global resources to assist our clients with their forensic accounting needs. MDD helps insurance companies, independent adjustment firms, attorneys, multinational corporations, government entities, and individuals calculate the true economic damage of claims or disputes.
MDD is looking for an Accounting Intern to serve as an essential supporting function of the accounting team in our Boston office. We are looking for a minimum of 12 hours a week and the position is year-round. We will work with your class schedule. More hours are available during the summer and during semester breaks. The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance and possess strong communication and analytical skills. This internship position may lead to a full-time position in the future.
- Review reports and schedules
- Input data and analyze invoices
- Verify claim to source documents
- Analyze financial statements
- Evaluate insurance claims and economic damage
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first party property, business valuations
- Assist in the preparation of accounting reports from financial findings
- Research and other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Actively pursuing or holds bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Senior Year or higher (90 credits +)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.