The May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Western Massachusetts is currently accepting resumes for full-time Speech-Language Pathologists at our West Springfield and Chicopee campuses to provide speech consultation services to students. We are excited to serve more students in western mass with the grand opening of our chicopee campus this summer!
We provide full-day, year-round educational and vocational services for children and adolescents from preschool to age 22, using proven methods of treatment and teaching based on the latest clinical and applied research.
What sets us apart:
- Small caseload typically no more than 30 students
- Dedicated time for each student's individualized needs instead of the pressure of providing group speech services to students that may not benefit equally from a group lesson format
- Speech services as consult instead of direct which allows flexibility for the specialist to spend time on what the student needs most each week. This can include, but is not limited to, working with the student, observing speech programs being run by staff, training staff, probing new skills, writing speech programs or goals and conducting assessments.
- Writing and training staff on speech programs so your programs can be run throughout the week allowing students to receive lots of practice
- Accurate and reliable data taken on your programs by staff so you can review progress easily
- An environment of collaboration and support between all team members to best support the students we serve
- Access to resources for professional development training as well as speech-language program materials
- Flexible start date summer 2022 or beginning of new school year
For six decades, May Institute has set the national standard for providing comprehensive, research-based services to children and adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities, brain injury and mental illness.
May Institute blends science with service to help make progress possible for thousands of children, adults, and families each year.
Join us in our mission to promote independence, choice, dignity and respect for those we serve.
- Provide consultative SLP services to students
- Assess students using age-appropriate testing materials
- Develop formal and informal programs
- Write goals for IEP and evaluate progress on student progress reports
- Train and provide consultation to staff as needed
- Attend IEP and team meetings
- Provide consultation notes to be sent home to parents weekly
- Supervise SLPA or CF-SLP as needed
- ASHA CCC-SLP licensure, Massachusetts SLP licensure required
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst a plus
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis strongly preferred
- Experience working with children and/or adults with Autism and other developmental disabilities with a full range of skills and abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills