Public Health Nursing Coordinator
The Public Health Nurse Coordinator assists in the management of the Bureau of Nursing by working directly with the Public Health Nurse Director, nursing staff and others involved in the delivery of public health services. This entails coordinating and supervising the day-to-day activities of the Bureau. Responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the Bureau’s purpose and policies, the provision of effective and efficient services and the public health needs of the community.
The Public Health Nursing Coordinator reports to the Director of Public Health Nursing, and coordinates and supervises the day-to-day activities of the Bureau.
This is a 12-month position, that may require occasional evening and weekend work in order to meet the operational needs of the department.
- Graduation from an accredited National League of Nursing (N.L.N.) program with a Bachelor of Science degree program in Nursing or, a diploma from a three-year hospital school of nursing, or an Associate’s Degree in nursing.
- Two years full-time employment in nursing within the past five years, preferably one year in public health, pediatric, or emergency room nursing or related specialty;
- And a minimum of three years’ experience in public health or community nursing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of professional nursing, including growth and development of school-aged children and youth.
- Knowledge of current community health issues.
- Knowledge of functions and services of other community agencies and resources.
- Possession of a valid, current Registered Nurse license issued by the State of Connecticut.
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid and current Connecticut drivers’ license.
- Ability to keep concise records and prepare reports.
- Proficiency in the use of computers including data entry, electronic health records and Microsoft Office Suite.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this title, you must apply during the posting period via the online application portal.
2) First-time users will click "New User Registration" and create your Applicant Profile
3) Click on available job postings and Apply Online. You will need a valid, working email address to apply.
Applicants meeting minimum requirements will be invited to participate in a Civil Service exam process at a later date.
Please note that our method of communication with applicants is by email. In the application process, please provide us with a valid email address, and ensure you monitor your email, including spam or junk, for correspondence from our department.
If you experience technical difficulties in the online application process, please contact our office at 203-946-8252 or email NHJobs@newhavenct.gov.