SRNL Civil/Structural Engineer
We are seeking an experienced civil/structural engineer to join an engineering organization that supports operation of an approximately 800,000 sq ft Research and Development campus.
What you will do:
- As a structural design authority engineer (DAE), be responsible for the application of site, local, state, and national codes and standards to solve operations, maintenance, and construction problems to ensure personnel, facility, and nuclear safety. Common application of codes, standards, and design requirements involve interpretation and use of the International Building Code (IBC), American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Minimum Design Loads and Associated Criteria for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE-7), American Concrete Institute codes, and the American Institute of Steel Construction specifications.
- Use and understanding Department of Energy codes and standards for solutions to complex problems will be required. Some examples are standards for Structural Design Criteria, Qualifications of Systems, Equipment and Components for Natural Phenomena Hazards, Coring, Chipping, and Drilling in Concrete, and Installation and Inspection of Penetration Seals.
- Responsible for routine inspection of safety related structural systems, structural analysis, and calculations for changing facility conditions like movement of equipment and major facility modifications, and support of various SRNL organizations with fall protection analyses.
- Work with and communicate facility design and usage requirements effectively with the maintenance, operations, and construction organizations.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, support work in radiological areas, and be present on field walkdowns indoors and outdoors. Basic Qualifications: Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited university. Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” clearance.