WHO WE ARE
G. Alvarez Studio is an award-winning Architecture, Space Planning and Design firm with a dynamic and visionary team delivering world-class design to our clientele.
At G. Alvarez Studio, we are committed to delivering best-in-class design and promote the well-being and professional growth to our team. Our culture is engaging, collaborative and team-centric fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment. Our comprehensive benefits include medical insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401k, and annual bonus opportunities. Our firm is committed to licensure and professional development, offering reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees.
Our clientele-centric approach has helped us create purposeful and dynamic design across multiple industries. We have engaged our open-minded and visionary teams in Fortune 500 companies as well as local successful organizations including Apple, Bloomberg, Porsche, Heineken, Hyatt, Nespresso, WOW MKTG, Diageo and MGM.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a leader with passion and forward vision with a strong background in Architecture/Interior Design to create a positive impact to foster team productivity. This position is expected to be hands-on, fast-paced, and dynamic requiring a high degree of commitment. Candidate will report directly to the Founder & CEO and Vice President of the firm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The position description for Project Architect is as a managerial/leadership role within the firm that entails but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
· Project architect/lead responsible for specific projects in various stages of design (programming, planning, concept design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, construction administrations, or design exercises in general as required on a per project basis).
· Manage all phases of corporate interior architecture and design projects, including project set-up, design, documentation and construction administration.
· Develop concept design, mood-boards and/or design development schemes as assigned.
· Mentor, oversee and monitor junior and technical designers in projects acting as project architect/lead. Review team progress on a weekly basis prior to Principals’ review during staff meeting.
· Manage project scheduling, budget, and set-up with GA team, client, consultants and contractors as applicable.
· Ensure projects conform to GA contract parameters.
· Have and implement working knowledge of building codes and standards.
· Coordinating/developing architectural construction documents in assistance with technical designers assigned to any given project.
· Project FF&E concept design and coordination with other project team members.
· Perform construction administration tasks as required per project.
· Maintain a customer service-oriented approach with client throughout each project phase.
· Weekly project status reporting to firm principals.
· Maintain absolute confidentiality in all aspects of project, staff and company information.
· Have and maintain a high level of ethics, integrity, reliability with the execution of all tasks assigned.
· Have a strong grasp of both “big picture” and “detail” issues that arise during a project development.
· Implement strong technical design capabilities through the use of software in the deliverables of all design phases including but not limited to Autodesk CAD, Revit, BlueBeam Revu, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office 365, Enscape, 3D, among others.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES – CONTINUED
· Superb and exact verbal, written and organization skills.
· Team-centric work mode.
· Dedicated and committed professional character with the firm and colleagues.
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture is required
· Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Architecture
· Ensures design complies with regulations and quality standards
· Strong organizational, communication, verbal, and written skills
· Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking, and project management skills
· Strong managerial presence: be comfortable in stepping in directing others and creating streamlined processes to gain efficiencies.
· Excellent problem-solving, presentation and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrated experience managing and working with internal cross-functional teams in design, construction, engineering groups.
· Ability to flourish in a high growth and fast-paced environment
· Proficiency in computer systems and key software and applications tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, 2D/3D software, AutoCad, Revit, Enscape and SketchUp is a must.
Detailed documentation of Company’s benefits will be provided with employment offer.
· Competitive Salary based on experience
· Medical Insurance
· 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan
· Year End Bonus
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Hybrid Work Environment, work from home (2 Days/Week + “Focus” Fridays)
Please submit cover letter and application to Christian Vidal at email@example.com