System Test Engineer Co-Op (Spring 2023)
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to participate as a System Test Engineer Co-op at our Cedar Rapids, IA location for Spring/Summer 2023.
We are looking for a positive, confident, self-motivated, passionate individual with a strong desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced, team based collaborative design environment to help us develop next generation technologies to empower and connect our products to each other, and to our customers.
We are looking for a System Test Engineer Intern with individual responsibility in the following areas:
- The System Test Engineer intern executes system test plans, follow test strategies, documents test cases, documents test results and communicates progress on assignments and activities to the System Test Leader or Project Management.
- Among others, the System Test Engineer intern works with the System Test Leader, System Engineers, Firmware & Hardware Engineers in the System construction setup that leads to execute all applicable test cases and report test progress.
- System Test Engineer intern responsibilities may include individual responsibilities as to create, modify or use automated test systems.
- Execution of Verification and Validation Test Plans
- Understand Offer requirements
- Contribute to project risk assessment providing test cases results.
- Work with System Test Leader/System Engineer to define test assignments duration and material or equipment need to complete the test assignments.
- Report and escalate to System Test Leader/System Engineer/Design Engineer as needed.
- Track use-case test plan execution, specifically percent system tests complete through analysis of total test cases planned versus test cases executed.
- Capture defects in JIRA with complete information – logs, snapshots, videos..etc
- Provide progress and issue tracking. Maintain transparent communication throughout on Test progress.
- Actively participate in Weekly Syncs to learn more about Development issues and share any UAT concerns and give QA inputs
- Adhere to delivery deadlines, identify and raise risks to quality and deadlines through appropriate channels.
This job may be for you if:
- Working towards a Bachelors’ degree in electrical or Mechanical engineering from a 4-year accredited University.
- Working towards Master’s degree is a Plus.
- Be able to discuss circuit or system debug as related to previous class or work experience and be able to articulate responsibilities and role.
- Willingness to work in a process driven environment (formalized program management environment)
- Experience with LabView or other related Test platforms, Raspberry pi and other general-purpose development boards a plus.
- US citizenship, Permanent Resident or holder of H1 or L1 visa.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.