Internship - Rotational (Summer 2023)
Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
About our intern program:
Our competitive intern program offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Interns are treated as valuable team members while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun and dynamic environment. Baird's summer intern program activities include an Intern Welcome Event, professional development, networking with leaders and associates, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day, a paid day to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for scholarships. Our mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
Participate in a 10 week rotational program between Fixed Income Capital Markets/Public Finance and Equity Capital Markets. In all departments, there will be unique learning opportunities and the chance to apply knowledge by completing various research and analytical projects as well as helping the teams with their tasks. The goal is to be exposed to multiple parts of the financial markets and to experience working on many different teams in order to build a unique and valuable skillset.
Location and Hours:
Located in our downtown Milwaukee office, students must be available to work 40 hours per week in the summer, with some overtime required during Equity Research and Investment Banking rotations.
As a Rotational Intern, you will:
- Fixed Income Capital Markets/Public Finance: Understand the process of debt origination, assist in office accounting, and client relationship management. Explore Bloomberg to learn more about the fixed income markets, assist sales associates in business transactions and general administrative duties on the trading desk. Complete a market research project.
- Equity Research and Institutional Sales & Trading: Learn basics of equity markets. Research and evaluate stocks and present a stock pitch to business professionals.
- Investment Banking: Gain exposure to live transaction activity. Learn analytical skills and provide support on public offerings, mergers and acquisitions and other financial advisory services. Conduct research and assist in preparation of client presentations.
What we look for:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- Sophomore standing
- Proven track record of academic excellence
- Curiosity and interest in learning about several areas of financial services
- Leadership experience
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
What makes this opportunity great:
- The opportunity to be exposed to multiple parts of the financial markets and to gain experience working on different teams to improve your skillset
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership