2023 Summer Internship - Component Engineer
Remote Work: Hybrid
At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge - helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
A dynamic community of builders, doers, and problem solvers, we each play a unique role - shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business. Being a part of Zebra means making your mark as we make digital transformation a reality.
It means growing into a leader at a leading company that makes a distinct difference - because together, we’ve only just begun.
Build Today. Create Tomorrow.
Join a team of builders, doers, and problem solvers.
The purpose of this internship is to prepare college students for entry into the business world by providing a thorough understanding of the various functions of the Zebra Technologies organization. The program is designed to provide you with a full experience so that you can fully envision a career with Zebra. You will be positioned for success with training, exposure to all parts of the business, social activities, a professional mentor relationship and development sessions to help you discover your own performance edge!
- Actively involve and support Cloud OnePLM integration projects after go-live and related events
- Actively involve and support internal customers' inquiries of alternative components researching, identification under the guidance from Sr. Component engineer
- Actively involve and support ESS initiatives of BOM/product resilience
- Actively involve and participate in the chosen project and present to Zebra Executive team at the end of internship
- Learn, practice and advocate Zebra culture, strategies, values and vision
- Complete Zebra Core Compliance training courses
- Participate into Zebra peer-2-peer program
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate/graduate degree program (BA, BS, MA, or MS) in Electronics/Electric Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Must be graduating in May 2023, December 2023, May 2024, or December 2024
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Must reside within 50 miles of the primary work location
- Good understandings of working theories of different component categories, such as off-the shelf passive components, microprocessor, battery, linear devices, etc.
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Experience in using EXCEL Pivot table and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Entry-level knowledge of electronic circuit design and development
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Participated into projects of electronics product design, understand NPD/NPI process
- Good understandings of engineering change management, product lifecycle, product obsolescence management
- Good understandings of BOM contents, hierarchy
- Good understandings of electronics manufacturing industry
- Good understandings of supply chain
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 19.00 - USD 42.50 Hourly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.