Director of Nursing
Director of Nursing - Behavioral Health 173
Job Category: Nursing
Requisition Number: DIREC016976
- Posted: September 26, 2022
- Showing 1 location
- Sanger, CA - Sanger
- Sanger, CA 93657, USA
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, Sanger Place MHRC (Mental Health Rehabilitation Center) is a 15-bed sub-acute, secure, psychiatric care facility for adults ages 18-59 with serious mental illness and developmental disability.
Full Time; AM 8:30 am - 5:00 pm; Monday - Friday (*Sign On Bonus: $5000)
Wage range $125,431.02 - $184,457.26 – Telecare applies geographic differentials to its pay ranges. The pay range assigned to this role will be based on the geographic location from which the role is performed. Starting pay is commensurate with relevant experience above the minimum requirements.
The Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for activities and functions related to the administration of member care systems and member care in nursing areas and departments.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls nursing services
• Develops departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures; organizes the department to meet legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines; functions in an advisory capacity to the Administrator in evaluating procedural changes as they relate to care of members served
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance, and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Promotes and maintains professional and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments
• Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the facility
• Is available to assist at other Telecare facilities, which may involve travel
• Establishes staffing requirements and recommends to administration the numbers and classifications of personnel to be employed
• Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Nursing Department
• Implements the safety program and actively participates in reducing Workers Compensation
• Establishes standards for procurement of supplies and equipment for the department
• Manages the Nursing Department within allocated budgetary parameters and participates in the development of the fiscal budget
• Ensures that the nursing department is in compliance with all related state, federal and local licensing regulations and requirements
• Oversees and ensures medication management and infection control standards
• Collaborates with leadership team and all department on quality initiatives
• Coordinates nursing services with other clinical and ancillary services. In the process of accomplishing this, promotes the cost-effective use of personnel, supplies and equipment
• Participates and encourages participation from staff in activities, including professional and trade organizations, that promote mental health services
• Establishes and defines standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective care
• Assesses the quality of care rendered by the Nursing Department and ensures sound practice
• Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Nursing Department which includes frequent collaboration with other departments, employee education, and a focus on monitoring departmental standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care
• Is an active participant of all committees involving members served safety, nursing policies, practices and procedures
• Assumes responsibility for her/his professional growth and the ongoing professional development of the nursing staff
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have four (4) years of experience - two (2) in psychiatric nursing and two (2) years in a supervisory capacity; OR a baccalaureate degree in nursing or a related field and two (2) years of experience and one (1) year in a supervisory capacity
• Current valid licensure as an RN in the state of operation
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• An MSN degree and administrative experience in long term care
• Excellent communication
• Attention to detail
• Critical thinking to aid decision-making
• Flexibility and ability to adapt
• Commitment to development
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)