University Housing Graphic Artist
The Design Center supports University Housing by providing graphic design and digital media projects for University Housing, which consists of five facilities: Cambridge Commons, Kenilworth Square Apartments, Purin Hall, RiverView Residence Hall, and Sandburg Hall. The Graphic Artist supports these efforts by:
- Designing marketing materials to be distributed throughout University Housing facilities in order to increase residents’ awareness of programming and resources designed for them.
- Providing digital media content for the University Housing website and social media accounts to promote events and recruit prospective students.
Graphic Artists work closely with the Integrated Marketing Specialist, Outreach and Communications Manager and Outreach Assistants to stay on top of incoming requests and inquiries.
- Support the marketing and communication efforts of University Housing by designing promotional materials including but not limited to flyers, banners, table tents, PowerPoint presentations, and brochures.
- Work with office printers including a color laser jet and a large-format inkjet printer.
- Prepare printed materials for distribution by Outreach Assistants.
- Assist with the management of University Housing’s social media presence.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Respond to all email communications promptly & professionally.
- Maintain a consistent positive attitude and exceptional customer service skills while working with students and staff.
- Ensure security of the Design Center and its equipment while working.
- Complete all projects assigned by pre-determined deadlines.
- Assist in ongoing equipment and inventory assessment and equipment maintenance.
- Abide by all aspects of the University Housing employment agreement and meet all additional expectations as outlined in the staff manual and training materials/sessions.
- Work to create a positive and efficient work environment.
- Communicate regularly with Integrated Marketing Specialist, Outreach Assistants, and other Graphic Artists about ongoing projects, as well as occasionally with Print & Copy Services, Union Marketing, and other campus partners.
- Maintain student status at UWM with minimum 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA.
- Must be familiar with Mac computer platform.
- Experience with or coursework in using graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign.
- Familiarity with Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media platforms.
- Willingness to learn about technical aspects of job responsibilities.
- Must have ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must be extremely responsible, trustworthy, dependable, and mature.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills; attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn more about University Housing and dedication to our mission.
- Experience as a University Housing resident.
- Experience with or coursework in designing for professional printing presses.
- Experience in an office setting.
- Ability to operate audio/visual equipment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere or other video-editing software.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to type on computer keyboard.