WHNT, the local CBS affiliate in Huntsville, AL, is looking for a Research Analyst. The Research Analyst responsibilities include the evaluation of Nielsen, ComScore, Scarborough and other data, as well as preparation of reports, research and sales presentations for client meetings. While Broadcast Television, Cable and/or terrestrial radio experience is preferred, we will train the right person who has a degree or proven track record in another research related field.
- Development of sales tools related to program schedules, ratings estimates, post-analysis, specials, regular programming, digital and multi-cast assets.
- The creation of ratings one-sheets and sales presentations.
- Responsible for programming, promotions and corporate projects concerned with qualitative and quantitative research.
- Provide support and assistance in finding stories and communicating data in a way local clients will understand.
- Creating presentations and keeping Wide Orbit Sales programming/ratings up to date and accurate.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with Nielsen Arianna, Wide Orbit, SQAD, Rentrak, or similar systems also highly desired.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience preferred.
- Thinks strategically and acts tactically.
- Analyzes issues thoroughly in orders to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively.
- Takes initiative and makes decisions without daily guidance.
- Works in a fast-paced environment; handles multiple challenges simultaneously.
- Effectively communicates with others; presents ideas, facts and technical information clearly.
- Ability to develop and communicate effective and persuasive sales related presentations.
- Preferred research experience in television and exceptionally strong written and very communication skills.
- College degree preferred.