Health Connector for Business - Operations Intern/Co-Op
HEALTH CONNECTOR FOR BUSINESS - Operations Intern/Co-Op – Winter/Spring 2023
The Health Connector’s Operations Team is seeking an intern/co-op to join the team for the Winter/Spring 2023 semester. This individual will participate in ongoing outreach activities with particular focus on the Health Connector for Business operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Support the Health Connector for Business team with ongoing activities
· Research outreach opportunities and partnerships across the Commonwealth
· Outreach potential partners such as Chambers and state agencies that support small businesses to set-up events and collaborations
· Conduct surveys of small businesses and brokers that shop through the Health Connector
· Attend events to promote Health Connector for Business
· Assist brokers with account and service related inquires
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong MS Office Suite skills, including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in healthcare reform and healthcare operations
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on projects
Graduate student in public health preferred
This is a paid internship.
Length of Internship:
Winter/Spring (minimum of 20 hours a week)
About the Connector:
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities. The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin or disability.
Send cover letter and resume to Connectoremail@example.com
• Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the disclosure form and return with your application.
• All Health Connector employees are required to provide satisfactory proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• All Health Connector employees are required to provide satisfactory proof of full COVID vaccination.
• The Health Connector is operating on a hybrid work arrangement with 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home