Associate Scientist I - Boston, MA (Entry Level)
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated scientist (recent graduate or upcoming graduate) who is eager to be part of our success, and who embraces our core values: Integrity, Excellence, and Teamwork. This role requires scientific curiosity, willingness and eagerness to learn and support drug development efforts. If you have a passion for hands-on problem solving to develop cutting-edge pharmaceuticals, this is the job for you! Working in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented and collaborative environment at Pace Analytical Life Sciences!
Local candidates only please.
•Help support planning, execution and reporting on analytical or formulation development experiments.
• Sample preparation for and operation of a variety of analytical instruments including HPLC, CE, UV, & Dissolution Apparatus.
• Support the analysis and interpretation of complex scientific data.
• Preparation of client update presentations, technical reports, and protocols.
• Identify and propose solutions for technical problems.
• Gain proficiency and technical expertise with one or two laboratory instruments.
• Carry out other scientific and laboratory duties as required.
Required background and experience includes:
• Recent Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related field.
• Preference to a candidate with internship or coop experience in industry or academic laboratory experience related to drug development.
• The ability to read and understand relevant scientific literature, procedures, and protocols.
• Preference to experience in laboratory or internship with analytical and processing equipment and laboratory operations is a plus.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong organizational, documentation and time management skills.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Fundamental understanding of principles, practices and techniques of chemistry/biochemistry.
- Willingness to learn and understand of operation and routine maintenance of scientific analytical equipment, including but not limited to HPLC, UV, CE, DLS.
- Motivated to become familiar with techniques to analyze small molecule and/or biologic pharmaceuticals, including but not limited to dissolution, lyophilization, CD, CE, DSC, DLS, TGA, XRPD, LC-MS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- Contribute and help support the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in a lab and office setting. Work is subject chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab setting.
OFCCP Statement - Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
This role is working first shift day hours Monday through Friday. This role may require coming in early, staying late, or occasional weekend work.