Mechanical Design Engineering I
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Job Description: Mechanical Engineer I
RMD Engineering's Mechanical Products Team (MPT) Engineers perform research, design, analysis, and development in such areas as mechanical systems, thermal systems, materials, test equipment, hardware processes, or manufacturing processes. You would apply your skills to the planning, design, development and testing of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical systems, instruments, controls, and/or machines.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Work with multi-disciplinary engineers to propose, design, develop, integrate, and test hardware within the Airframes and Advanced Effectors mechanical design department
- Contribute to one or more of our contract-funded and internally funded efforts, each of which is at a different phase of development (proposal, design, and integration/test). Engineers are generally assigned to one effort at a time but may work multiple efforts over the course of several years.
- Communicate with cross-disciplined, diverse engineering team members and suppliers to analyze, model, and document the design technical data package (TDP) and its capabilities and compliance to requirements.
- Develop mechanical design solution for complex hardware problems
- Commitment to program schedule and budget
- 3D Parametric Modeling
- Communication of technical information by way of presentations and other means
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Experience with 3D CAD tools (modeling and drawing)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- This position requires 12 months or less of relevant professional work experience (excluding internships).
Qualifications We Value:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution style
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5
- Experience in mechanical sub-systems packaging, materials, thermal, structural analysis, energetics principles, control systems, interconnect, airframe, or large assembly development
- Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent undergraduate and graduate transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume. ***
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm