Race Fuels Sales Support Intern
Race Fuels Sales Support Intern - (Summer May thru Aug 2023)
Description - External
Sunoco, L.P., the nation’s largest fuel distribution company, is looking for interns to join one of our fast-paced, high impact teams in Dallas, TX.
This is a twelve (12) week paid internship program beginning May 2023. You must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an expected graduation date in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.
Sunoco Race Fuels is the leading race fuel in the US, with over 50% market share, and powers NASCAR and other motor sports sanctions. Sunoco is seeking a driven, Race Fuels Sales Support intern to support the sales team to drive further growth in the category. The candidate will work closely with sales leadership, marketing, and operations to support key activities to expand Sunoco’s footprint for the Race Fuels division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (dependent on department):
- Evaluate Sunoco’s current marketing programs, including messaging on social media and within influencer communities. Evaluate, recommend, and implement enhancements to the program.
- Assess Sunoco’s Race Fuels cage program and penetration within key markets across distributor channels. Implement strategies to increase profitability and sales within program.
- Evaluate current penetration of CAM2 race fuel in non-Sunoco branded locations, determine and implement strategy to increase footprint.
- Shadow business development on sales / distributor meetings; assist with prep for meetings.
- Evaluate other programs to increase market share within the US.
Required Skills (External)
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Currently enrolled in college - we’re open to candidates of all degrees – if you possess the intangibles above and the work sounds intriguing, we can teach you the rest
- Preferably junior status
- General requirements include self-motivated individuals, involvement in activities outside college studies.
- Above average GPA
- Distinctive problem solving skills and an intellectual curiosity to solve unique and oftentimes complex problems
- Strong work ethic and high level of self-motivation and accountability to “get stuff done” – while you’ll receive regular coaching and feedback, we intentionally position our interns to be able to own their work
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with occasionally tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills