Senior Engineer - Wastewater
Loureiro Engineering Associates has an immediate need for a Senior Engineer - Wastewater. Our goal is to employ the right individuals to be a part of our team, learning and working with experienced professionals who will help provide the formal training and mentoring needed to grow professionally and strive toward the opportunities that Loureiro can offer.
Our industrial wastewater team supports our clients through the entire lifecycle of a wastewater treatment plant from conceptual design through construction, startup, and long-term maintenance. Our mission is to be an Indispensable Partner to our clients, and help them make informed and educated decisions on their treatment systems. We build what we design, and engineers in our team gain real world experience in the field.
You will work on a number of diverse projects and will be able to see how the Company’s core values- integrity, client satisfaction, quality, work environment, safety and health, and sustainability are instilled in every project and in every employee.
- Perform engineering calculations to support the design industrial wastewater treatment systems;
- Prepare engineering drawings in electronic drafting software including AutoCAD and Revit with support from our CAD designers;
- Select and specify industrial wastewater treatment equipment including tanks, pumps, sensing equipment
- Perform engineering field studies and prepare written reports for new and existing industrial and manufacturing facilities including water audits, wastewater audits, and wastewater treatability studies.
- Collect wastewater samples for compliance determination, and for design of system expansions and upgrades
- Oversee wastewater treatment system construction and installation by Loureiro skilled trades staff, and Loureiro subcontractors
- Perform field work in support of new and existing systems including system commissioning, equipment calibration, and controls upgrades
- Collaborate with other focus areas within Facility Engineering Division including mechanical, electrical, and Plumbing (MEP), and energy.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering or chemical engineering with 2-5 years of experience;
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is a plus;
- Previous experience performing work in an industrial and manufacturing setting is a plus
Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (Loureiro) is an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Missouri, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’ s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP Statement: Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status