Construction Project Engineer
Loureiro Contractors, Inc. (LCI) is a contractor with a broad range of experience in infrastructure development, environmental remediation and demolition. Our in-house capabilities include: sitework, concrete construction, soil/groundwater/sediment remediation, roadways, bridges, earth retaining systems, underground utilities, and UST removal and replacement.
Loureiro Contractors, Inc. (LCI) is searching for a knowledgeable and experienced Project Engineer for projects in the New England region.
LCI’s goal is to hire individuals with a passion for construction to help us grow as a company, and in turn offer opportunities for personal growth within the company.
- Actively participate in and contribute to a safety-oriented work culture within the company.
- Promote workplace safety, encouraging safe work practices and ensuring compliance to safety policies.
- Become familiar with LCI forms of agreement for various contract situations.
- Set up file structure for new projects and work with office and field engineers to maintain all project correspondence and files.
- Maintain direct management of assigned field engineers.
- Take part in project meetings involving the project manager and project owner, and any internally-held meetings as required.
- Assist project team with compiling and preparing as-built drawings.
- Assist the project manager in conducting scope reviews of all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Prepare submittal schedules and write up, review, and submit all submittals for approval.
- Assist the project manager with preparing a schedule of values and the project schedule.
- Prepare any RFIs, RFCs, and change order proposals.
- Compile and distribute 3-week look-ahead schedules and daily schedules.
- Review any and all shop drawings prior to submission.
- Provide necessary planning and technical support for the project superintendents.
- Assist the project manager with preparing all applications for payments and ensure compliance with owner payment procedures.
- Assist with QA/QC operations as scheduled for projects.
- Review delivery tickets and purchase orders ensuring they are properly coded.
- Track and report inconsistencies in project activities or production.
- Provide support to estimating operations as needed.
- Conduct jobsite walkthroughs and check on production and quality.
- Assist with completion of project punch lists and close out activities.
- 5 years’ experience working in civil construction or have comparable construction experience.
- Current OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 card; or the ability to acquire a current card.
- Well-organized, self-starter, and strongly focused on safety above all else.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge of construction practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with state and local agency policies and procedures.
- Proficient in utilizing HCSS applications, Microsoft office applications, and other construction management software programs.
- Ability to read plans, specifications, and special provisions, and convey this information to others.
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment efficiently and effectively.
- Aptitude in math, strong problem-solving abilities and conflict resolution skills.
Loureiro Contractors, Inc. (LCI) is a subsidiary of Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc., an employee-owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP Statement Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.