Manufacturing Equipment Engineering Intern
Qorvo is All Around You! We manufacture innovative RF solutions at the center of connectivity to enable high-performance applications for advanced wireless devices, wired and wireless networks and defense radar and communications for 5G networks, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and other emerging applications. We are a global company thriving on a culture of innovation, diversity, and inclusion. Our people are always at the core of Qorvo’s innovation. Qorvo is a place to stretch your imagination and push boundaries to achieve success. Learn more about Top 10 Reasons to make a career at Qorvo.
Qorvo’s Internship Program is designed for college students currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD program. Qorvo offers real work experience, exposure to upper management, and the opportunity to pursue full time opportunities, as available.
Qorvo’s Internship Program offers:
* Challenging, skill-building assignments
* Mentoring and coaching from industry experts
* Lunch & Learns and other learning opportunities
* Collaborative team-based work environment
* Networking and social events
* Final presentation to business leaders
Qorvo’s Manufacturing Equipment Engineering Internships are offered in our Global Operations business groups and are available at our Richardson, TX, Greensboro, NC and Hillsboro, OR locations. Specific projects and responsibilities will be determined based on the business needs at the time of the internship assignment. Internship length may be 3 to 9 months depending on the location.
Responsibilities may include:
* Lead an improvement project to positively impact equipment performance, maintenance methods, yield, or cost reduction.
* Learn to provide 1st level sustaining ownership of a toolset.
* Troubleshoot and find root cause of equipment/process problems in the factory.
* Assist experienced engineers in equipment sustaining and improvement.
* Participate in the qualification of the processes/equipment to run production material and review and analyze product qualification data.
* Currently enrolled in BS program in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
* Student must have some knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
* Self-Starter with good communication skills and a willingness for “hands on” engineering work in the factory.
* Knowledge of chemistry/physics, semiconductor processing and statistical process control (SPC) are desirable.
* Can work independently but understands and communicates with the team when help is needed.
* Must have a 3.0 GPA or Higher.
Because this position is part of a business unit that contracts with the US government, qualified candidates must be U.S. persons (generally a US citizen or green card holder). Individuals holding temporary visas, such as F-1 or H-1B, are not U.S. persons.