Yoga Instructor- The Gravity Vault Upper Saddle River, NJ
The Gravity Vault Upper Saddle River location is looking to employ an experienced and certified yoga instructor with knowledge of the history, philosophy, and ethics of yoga. The yoga instructor is responsible for performing yoga poses in precise alignment, using the correct terminology, and safely guiding students through the flow of the practice. You should also be knowledgeable in the implementation of mindful meditation.
To ensure success as a yoga instructor, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to build relationships, as well as lead yoga sessions. Your passion for health and wellness, coupled with knowledge of the anatomy of the human body and physiology, will ensure success.
Job responsibilities include:
- Create a positive and tranquil environment.
- Conduct and lead yoga classes.
- Visually assess students to determine their level of practice.
- Assist students to achieve precise alignment.
- Demonstrate practice and techniques.
- Possess the ability to move energy through the body.
- Transform energy during the warm-up, build-up and cool-down stages.
- Motivate students with words of encouragement.
- Connect with students during the yoga classes through fun, intelligent sequencing.
- Offer training recommendations to improve the practice of yoga.
- Maintaining the yoga room and equipment.
- Responsible for reporting final class attendance numbers to front desk.
- A passion for yoga and general fitness.
- Education or experience in health and fitness is preferable.
- Climbing experience is not required, but tailoring classes to the needs of our climbing community may be required.
- RYT-200, Yoga Alliance Certification.
- Liability insurance.
- First Aid, CPR/AED certification preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience leading yoga classes.
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org