Field Engineer FEP - Generator Specialist
A Field Engineer - FEP is an entry level position. You will start by being enrolled in FieldCore’s Field Engineering Program (FEP). While in the FEP, you will develop in-depth technical expertise, lean thinking and leadership skills and will have a unique opportunity to go through:
- In-person and Online training Curriculum
- On-the-job trainings
- Learning from experienced Field Engineers (FEs) and Technical Field Advisors (TFA’s)
You will gain experience and grow your career while traveling and helping provide power to communities. Upon successful graduation from the FEP program, you will be eligible for a FE – Generator Specialist position.
The FE – Generator Specialist provides on-site technical direction to customer-owned utility and industrial power plants for their Turbine Generator Systems. Responsible for troubleshooting of plant systems and equipment, planning, organizing, integrating and direction of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements. The primary responsibility of the Generator Specialist is to safely accomplish the maintenance and repair of the heavy duty generators used in power generation applications. You may be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
- Manage inspection and testing of the generator field and stator utilizing the latest technology. (MAGIC Jr. & Sr. inspection, Digital/Analog EL-CID, Flush and Bake skid (FAB), Quick skid, Capacitance Mapping, Tracer Gas, Vacuum Decay, Pressure Decay, 60 Hertz AC HIPOT test set, Wedge Tapping, Computer Based Reporting tool), Epoxy Injection, UT Flow, Hazmat training and other topics as business needs arise
- Direct and manage repair or inspection procedures utilizing the latest electronic communication, references and documentation technologies.
- Recognize, predict and document potential generator failures.
- Present to the customer accurate generator quality issues as presented and selected by Generator Product Service and regional generator specialists.
- Familiarity with Power Circuit Breakers, Protective Relay Systems, and AC and DC Motors / Generators
- Working knowledge of basic electrical circuits and electrical troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of prints/print reading, such as manufacturing drawings, P&IDs and schematic drawings
- Participate as a Service Team member dedicated to Safety metrics.
- Pre-outage planning; possibly recommending and administering policies and procedures
- Execution of projects, including: generator field and stator rewinds, general generator repairs, and inspections
- Support warranty administration and troubleshooting issues
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Strong technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams.
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
- English proficiency required.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Extensive training opportunities and mentorship
- Classroom and virtual trainings
- Regional and Global exposure
- Working on multimillion dollar equipment
- Wide range of career path opportunities
- LEAN training
- Learning and developing communication skills
- Experience in Field Services or Power Generation.
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Experience and training on Alstom, Siemens, GE Aeroderivative, or other OEM equipment
- Good organizational, project management oral/written communication and interpersonal and leadership skills
- Prior project management experience
- Willingness to learn and problem solve
- Strong ownership and work ethic
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation sector. Our team includes more than 10,000 of the foremost experts in field services all focused on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. Our Core Values of Safety, Integrity, Quality and Inclusion are the foundation of everything we do to empower the people who power the world. For more information visit our website www.fieldcore.com.
FieldCore is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.