Second Order Effects (SOE) is an engineering consultancy that turns uncertainty into fully functional hardware and software. We work on projects at various stages of development and scope; we perform analysis, build prototypes, and take products to market. Our clients come to us with napkin sketches, fully fleshed ideas, and patent portfolios to productize. Our cross-disciplinary team solves critical problems across numerous industries, including automotive, aviation, consumer electronics, industrial automation, medical, green energy, and space. Our designs control rocket engines, manage satellite communications, generate safety-overrides for self-driving cars, and are enjoyed by consumers around the world. Founded in 2016, Second Order Effects has 90+ employees (and counting!) in offices in El Segundo, California and Redmond, Washington.
SOE Seattle is Second Order Effects' first expansion office. Established in January 2022, SOE Seattle's goals are to build an office with skills in mixed signal electrical design, signal processing firmware, and sensor systems. As an early member of the team, you will be pivotal in the success of this office and future expansions.
Our People Operations Team is devoted to growing an exemplary community by fostering a thriving company culture in which people are heard, valued, and supported. The People Operations team constructs and delivers a rewarding candidate experience, recruiting top talent across a variety of disciplines. We embrace unique experiences and perspectives and facilitate employee growth. We are the team that supports the team.
As a Technical Recruiter, you will run a full desk with a variety of duties and responsibilities focused on sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring the best candidates in the industry. You will work with teams across the company, take ownership of the recruitment process, and grow SOE and the recruiting process accordingly. Ideally, you are unafraid of gaining exposure to a wide variety of problems and have a tenacious attitude towards problem-solving and project execution.
What You Will Do:
- Take ownership of the recruitment process, from applicant tracking and sourcing through interview customization and onboarding
- Collaborate with internal operations teams and engineering teams on key recruiting and hiring initiatives
- Drive discussions within People Operations and with Engineering teams regarding headcount, hiring strategy, candidates, positions, and interview feedback
- Manage job postings across various sites and tools
- Screen and source candidates using a variety of tools and methods
- Schedule interviews and manage interview schedules across the company (for virtual and on-site events)
- Attend interviews and help train the team on best practices for evaluating candidates
- Conduct tours with candidates and activities during on-site interviews while showcasing the exciting projects at SOE throughout the process
- Drive development and execution of the SOE hiring experience (e.g., completing reference checks, negotiating offer packages, extending offer letters, initiating background checks, issuing new hire paperwork, etc.)
- Produce reports and analytics for Recruiting, People Operations, and other teams
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree (Physics, Business, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Psychology, or related field)
- Exceptional people and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting methods and going beyond advanced Boolean searches— identifying industry experts & finding unique ways to engage with them
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- High level of empathy and patience with others
What Would Be Useful:
- Experience with in-house technical recruiting
- Experience recruiting electrical, mechanical, and aerospace engineers
- Experience with ATS and HRIS systems (preferably Greenhouse, Gusto, or related systems)
- Ability to distinguish between the top 25% and the top 5% of talent within their respective fields and accurately present candidates with technical backgrounds to hiring managers
- Curiosity for technology, electronics, and hardware/software systems (previous exposure to engineering teams or electronics is NOT required)
- Comfort interfacing directly with hiring managers and executives while building strong relationships with both groups
- General knowledge of labor laws and experience with OFCCP compliance
- Expertise with completing or automating routine tasks with attention to detail
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, R, C++, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and planning capabilities with creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Applicant must be willing to work 40 hours a week on-site in Redmond, Washington, USA
- Applicant must be eligible to work on ITAR projects
- Job Type: Full-time (Salary)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- Competitive compensation + equity incentive plan
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision) for employees + 50% dependent coverage
- Flexible paid time off policy + 11 paid holidays + 12 paid sick days
- 401(k) retirement account and employer matching (Safe Harbor 4%)
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation assistance available if 50+ miles away from the office
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and accessible kitchen
- & more!
If you don’t meet 100% of the preferred skills and experience, we encourage you to still apply!
Second Order Effects is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SOE is governed on the basis of excellence and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.