System Engineer Intern (Summer 2023)
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to participate as a System Engineer Intern at our Cedar Rapids, IA location for Summer 2023.
We are looking for a positive, confident, self-motivated, passionate individual with a strong desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced, team based collaborative design environment to help us develop next generation technologies to empower and connect our products to each other, and to our customers.
We are looking for System Engineer Intern with individual responsibility in the following areas:
- System Engineer Intern responsibilities may include individual duties as to create use cases of complex systems, document and support Offer Marketing to create product level requirements.
- The systems Engineer intern supports meetings to document and create the product level specification with the design teams.
- The Systems Engineer intern supports follow up progress on test strategies, test cases, and communicates progress of the overall project or subsystem.
- Among others the Systems Engineer intern works with the System Test Leader, Lead System Engineers, Firmware & Hardware Engineers in the System construction setup that leads to execute all applicable test cases and report test progress.
- Provide progress and issue tracking
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
This job may be for you if:
- You are actively pursuing a degree in in Electrical or Computer Engineering from a 4-year accredited University, or other STEM career.
- Experience working with Jama, Jira or other systems platforms.
- previous experience working in a new product development environment.
- Be able to show at least one new product development success as a System Engineer and be able to articulate responsibilities and role.
- Be able to show examples of definition of System Use cases test verification validation
- Be able to show User Experience information translated into use case scenario
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric. https://youtu.be/C7sogZ_oQYg
Let us learn about you! Apply today.