Hardware Engineer Intern- Summer
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of a Hardware Engineer Intern in our Cedar Rapids, IA location for Summer 2023. We are looking for an individual with responsibility in the following areas:
- Understanding of electronic circuits and circuit design
- Utilize knowledge of electronics HW design and simulation systems or products to analyze design solutions.
- Evaluate and test product design solutions at a bench top and lab environment.
What will you do?
- Work with HW lead to develop and analyze solutions and perform competitive analysis.
- Ability to present and communicate clearly project summaries to internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate the generation of prototypes for testing.
- Be capable of implementing verification and validation test plans including test method and acceptance criteria.
- Interpretation of test results and other data. Ability to synthesize data into technical communication for effective written and oral presentation.
- Work with the product definition file: Schematic Capture, PCB & PCBA creation, BOM creation, and development of other specifications. Experience with Cadence tool suit preferred.
- Basic understanding of EMC.
- Capable with developing, debugging, analyzing and root cause analysis for HW and embedded systems from proof of concept through development.
- Contribute to development of user documentation such as instruction bulletins, safety labels, and product markings.
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or software engineering, computer science or related engineering field.
- Be able to discuss a circuit design project you have worked and be able to articulate responsibilities and role.
- Highly creative & inquisitive for design and system optimization/ strength of component & system analysis
- Capable with electronics lab equipment for test and debug
- Strong understanding of design for test & reliability in safety products.
- Use of statistical techniques for analyzing empirical data.
- Thermal modeling and understanding of magnetics desirable.
- US citizenship, Permanent Resident or holder of H1 or L1 visa.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.