Intern - Software Engineer - Summer 2023 / CO or Nationwide
2023 – Software Engineer Intern Job Description
Job Profile Section: The Role
Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
· Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
· Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
· Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
· Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
Job Profile Section: The Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, you will be a part of the Corporate Consumer BSS team building new Salesforce application and pushing the application to the business. This team supports cloud-based systems and integrations between these stakeholder systems and internal applications at Lumen. The intern candidate for this role, should be ready to work on cross functional program streams, while taking on the challenges of decommissioning outdated applications and software platforms, assisting in the continued modernization of Lumen’s platforms.
· Provide .NET Development support, this position would code web applications, middleware and production support activities
· Attend daily stand-ups
· Develop new web apis or web services
· Support infrastructure upgrades and testing
· Participate in cloud integration work
· Bug fixes
· Manage jira backlog for work items
· Production support activities (reporting or minor fixes/enhancements)
· Full understanding of Salesforce Application and ability to define process from start to end
Job Profile Section: What We Look For
· Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2023 – May 2024.
· Education/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar technical degree field is preferred.
· Position will be located in our Littleton, CO Office
· Proficiency and understanding of:
o Cloud technologies
o Core Java
o Webservices Rest APIs and SOAP based APIs,
o Good knowledge of Oracle SQL queries.
o Java script Basics.
o Databse tools & Queries
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong drive for results and taking initiative
· Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
· Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
· Flexible and adapts well to change
· US work authorization
Job Profile Section: What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!