Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2023)
Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2023)
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx's Internship Program is a place where students from varied backgrounds, identities, and experiences come together to lay the groundwork for their futures. Interns contribute to real-life projects, build life-long connections through social events, and give back to our communities by participating in volunteer activities. Our Summer 2023 Internship Program will be a hybrid work experience that allows students to live and work in a remote environment while also offering opportunities to come together in person for Moments That Matter.
Learn more about the internship experience and understand the recruiting timeline by visiting our 2023 Intern Guide.
Please Note: Make sure you have applied through RippleMatch and successfully created and completed your profile.
What You’ll Do:
As a software engineering intern, you will:
- Develop and ship code that may be included in our next release
- Contribute to open-source technologies and tools
- Help us innovate and design next generation technologies
- Build and implement new features or tools
- Continuously participate in code review sessions
- Ensure scalable, quality code through unit and functional testing
- Students currently enrolled in a degree program in pursuit of Computer Science or related field
- Ability to work for 12 consecutive weeks during the Summer 2023
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and should not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Knowledge of object-oriented or functional design patterns
- Ability to critically think through and solve problems
- Ability to learn quickly and work freely with appropriate mentorship, teamwork, and guidance from your manager
- Students within 1 year of graduation preferred (e.g., graduating between December 2023 and June 2024)
- Familiarity with frontend technologies such as React, Redux, and/or HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with backend frameworks such as Node.js, Express.js, Pandas, and/or Dask
- Experience or familiarity with APIs
- Exposure to cloud technologies and platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, and/or Microsoft Azure
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary for this role is $40/hour. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Program Overview + Benefits
- Paid company holidays, volunteering time off, and access to Headspace
- Participation in special events like social/community building activities, speaker series, opportunity to volunteer in local communities, and more
- Showcase impact by presenting intern projects at company/department-wide events
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.