Relationship Manager Intern (Summer 2023)
Relationship Manager Intern (Summer 2023)
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx's Internship Program is a place where students from varied backgrounds, identities, and experiences come together to lay the groundwork for their futures. Interns have the opportunity to contribute to real-life projects, build life-long connections through social events, and give back to our communities by participating in volunteer activities. Our Summer 2023 Internship Program will be a hybrid working experience that allows students to live and work in a remote environment while also offering opportunities to come together in person.
Learn more about the internship experience and understand the recruiting timeline by visiting our 2023 Intern Guide.
Please Note: Make sure you have applied through RippleMatch and successfully created and completed your profile.
What You’ll Do:
As an intern on our Relationship Management (RM) team, you will:
- Work with a global team to learn and take note of sales and customer retention functions at Alteryx
- Research customers with renewals in 2024 and/or 2025, evaluate customer engagement at a user level, and flag high risk accounts
- Reach out to customers with upcoming renewals via email
- Engage with customers midway through their contract period to ensure the highest level of satisfaction and address any concerns
- Set up customer calls and talk with customers to gather discovery information
- Learn from senior team members by shadowing calls and strategy sessions
- Review customer loss data and assist with compiling a strategy to re-engage past customers; present findings to CSA leaders
- Participate in Regional and Global CSA team meetings and deal reviews
- Students currently enrolled in a degree program
- Ability to work for 12 consecutive weeks during the Summer 2023
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and should not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Prior sales, customer service, and/or related experience
- Desire to work in a sales/customer-facing environment
- Ability and desire to provide breakthrough customer service experiences
- Oral and written communication skills
- Creative or innovative in approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to apply feedback from team to accomplish tasks
- Students within 1 year of graduation preferred (e.g., graduating between December 2023 through June 2024)
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems like Salesforce and Gainsight
- Exposure to SaaS retention and sales processes
- Experience gathering and reviewing data to create conclusions
- Knowledge and use of customer outreach techniques like cold outreach and prospecting
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary for this role is $28/hour. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Program Overview + Benefits
- Paid company holidays, volunteering time off, and access to Headspace
- Ownership of high-impact, real-life projects
- Participation in special events like social/community building activities, speaker series, opportunity to volunteer in local communities, and more
- Showcase impact by presenting intern projects at company/department-wide events
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.