Intern- Operations Development, Area Operations
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
Remote Operating Center (ROC) Manufacturing Associate Interns are responsible for tactically managing the production line flow for assigned areas and ensuring area priorities and execution supports production line priorities. MA’s are the on shift priority lot experts and response team in order to drive activities to deliver quality cycles of learning at a low cycle time for their area. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Safety & Quality
• Completes all required safety training and conducts all work in accordance with safety policies
• Improves area safety behaviors and processes for their work environment
• Leads or participates in required 6S/behavioral safety audits and submits good catches on safety issues
• Shares knowledge and key learning with peers and other stakeholders
• Communicates projects status and ideas to area leadership
• Collaborates with MA's from other areas and shifts to identify Best Known Methods (BKMs) and shares knowledge
• Represents the area and presents in the Super Screamer meeting
• Forecasts area needs and proactively addresses known issues
• Creates game plan and then measures shift performance against their game plan for continuous improvement opportunities
• Makes data driven decisions (Raw Process Time (RPT), Runout time, Run rates, etc.) to create game plans for area
• Participates in area efficiency meetings
• Escalates area issues (line down, no redundancy, extended tool down, no support, etc.) that are impacting overall Fab performance to Supervisor and key stakeholders and assists with resolution
• Analyzes area business processes and brings proposals to table on improvements
• Facilitates the resolution of scheduling issues and area wide automation issues
• Assists with documentation creation and review
• Monitors area key performance indicators (KPIs) and adjusts game plans to minimize impacts to overall line performance
• Utilizes and works to improve ROC monitoring tools
• Participates in or leads projects to improve performance of the Fab/Area
• Monitors and optimizes priority lots coming to the area by removing roadblocks and escalating issues to stakeholders
• Stays updated on process flow to improve execution to queue times and constraint management
Graduation date should not be prior to September 2022
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in India, Malaysia, Singapore, and the U.S., are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-336-8918
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.