This Study Designer position is open to students who:
- Have graduated or are graduating and wish to pursue a full-time position.
- Are still in school and wish to pursue a part-time job or internship with the ability to work full-time during the summer or off-periods of school.
As Study Designer you will be responsible for a multitude of tasks. To start, your primary focus will be assisting with the construction of forms and workflow solutions designed to capture clinical trial data. You will also be focused on the “user experience” for both clients and end-users. However, as every clinical trial is different, this role will continue to present new challenges and opportunities to improve. As you become more familiar with the internal design systems you’ll be introduced to the more complex aspects of study design, and as you become more proficient you’ll be able to take on more responsibility in the design process.
We are looking for passionate and outgoing individuals who are excited to work for a company where they can make a real difference. The ideal candidates will be able to work with autonomy and handle a broad scope of responsibilities with minimal management or guidance. We develop cutting-edge clinical trial software, so security and reliability are both crucial. Candidates must also be highly detail-oriented, and it is essential that candidates have a familiarity with mobile, web, and desktop technology. That being said, many of the tools we use were developed in-house and will require training.
Role Characteristics and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with clients to define form requirements
- Coordinates between the client and the development team to meet the set requirements and needs of the end-user
- Defines edit checks and workflows
- Will design the visual layout of forms under Senior Study Designer supervision
- Assists with product testing and validation process
- Creates User Manuals for the final product
- Bachelor’s degree--preferably B.S. in a STEM field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite: Word and Excel required, Access and Publisher preferred
- Ability to think critically and strategically, with a strong attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required; must be able to communicate and relay information effectively with clients, development team, and end-users
- Capable of working both in a dynamic team environment and with a sense of autonomy on personal projects