Spring 2023 Validation Engineer Co-op
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
On site Co-op in Plainville MA from January 2023 to June 2023
- Support of clinical and commercial drug manufacturing of gene therapy products.
- Support validation activities for new equipment for the manufacturing facility and provide continued support throughout manufacturing campaigns.
- Plan, develop and or execute validation protocols
- Design, specify, and support manufacturing equipment and analytical equipment including implementing modifications to improve operational performance and product quality.
- Build partnerships with other department team members at the sites to develop
- Promote validation standard methodologies and ensures compliance with Thermo Fisher VVS SOP’s, safe work practices, and cGMP regulations.
- The position involves close collaboration with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Sciences, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Information Systems, and other Engineering teams to finish the responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's program (e.g. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Sciences, Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or any like discipline)
- Applicants must have unrestricted US work authorization. Forms of CPT and OPT are forms of restricted work authorization.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service requiring accommodations. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or accommodation during the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.