Cooperative Education Coordinator @ Pittsburgh Public Schools District Career and Technical Education
The Pittsburgh Public Schools District Career and Technical Education (CTE) Division has a Cooperative Education Coordinator position available. See brief description below:
COOPERATIVE EDUCATION COORDINATOR – POSITION SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the CTE Executive Director, the Cooperative Education Coordinator is responsible for supporting all activities necessary to fulfill Perkins V Grant Indicators 3S1 (Post-Program Placement) and 4S1 (Non-Traditional Concentrator) by embracing existing business and industry partnerships to place CTE students in job shadowing, internship, pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship, and employment opportunities; and collaborating with CTE Career Counselors to align CTE students’ career objective forms and career plans to tangible employment opportunities.
The coordinator will also ensure that all paperwork and documentation, (including student work permits and employer clearances), is complete and on file. The coordinator will collaborate and communicate with the CTE program teacher(s) and employer(s) to monitor the progress of the students in the working environment and issue a letter grade accordingly.
Candidates must be enthusiastic about the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district. Candidates must be comfortable working on a team committed to better meeting the needs of our student population. In addition, we are seeking candidates who:
- Are licensed as a Vocational Technical Cooperative Education Coordinator
- Hold educator licensure from the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Have teaching experience as a vocational-technical teacher or as a Cooperative Education Coordinator.
- Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Have the ability to cultivate relationships, work independently and collaboratively as a team player, under pressure with multiple competing deadlines, and with culturally, educationally, and racially diverse internal and external customers.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The full position description is available at the following link: COOPERATIVE EDUCATION COORDINATOR
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for any PPS position, you must first complete a "Standard: Certified" application in the District's online application system. Please visit the following link for more instructions on this process: PPS APPLY
For other questions about this position, please send an email message to email@example.com.