Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging Intern
Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Oxy’s Summer Intern Program runs from May to August for a full 12 weeks. As an Oxy intern, you will have the opportunity to experience real-life projects with hands-on participation in Oxy’s core businesses. Your summer project will be designed to add value to our operations while providing an opportunity to observe your skills and competencies in action. Oxy interns are paired with a manager and mentor in order to provide technical guidance throughout the project timeline. In addition to attending training and development courses, lunch and learns, field trips, and social activities, interns will be given the chance to meet with Oxy executives and leadership throughout the internship. Click here for more information about the intern program.
Occidental is seeking talented undergraduate students focused on developing a career in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management, Psychology, Communications, or related fields. This intern will lead a diversity, inclusion, and equity project aligned with the learning objectives detailed below.
- Learn about working in business/corporate operations, Human Resources and D&I.
- Expand knowledge in conducting research and analyzing/synthesizing findings.
- Gain experience developing guidelines and procedure and developing projects/groups to get a new initiative up and running.
- Learn about Employee Resource Groups (ERG), the approval, membership and governance processes
Intern Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and summarize best practices on Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DIB) and employee engagement to help inform DIB Strategy and initiatives.
- Partner with DIB Committee on key projects and initiatives.
- Identify DIB events and trainings for Oxy new ERG leads to attend.
- Compile recommendations for Oxy DIB Program.
- Develop a report on DIB recommendations for Oxy.
- Help facilitate the ERG application and approval process
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the internship manager.
- Conduct online research (identify credible sources)
- Comfortable with conducting phone interviews and representing Oxy with professional decorum.
- Understanding of diversity, inclusion, and belonging space
- Developing volunteer/workplace groups for DIB initiatives
- Passionate and a keen interest in diversity and inclusion
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong time-management skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Business Management, Psychology, Communications, or related field of study.
- Graduation date between August 2023 – May 2025
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.