Sr. Intern/Co-op Biochemistry
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
Job Title (Sr. Intern/Co-op, Biochemistry)
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, and improving patient diagnostics and therapies. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
How will you make an impact?
As part of the cell biology R&D team, you will be at the forefront of protein and cell analysis, developing fluorescent reagents and assays for flow cytometry and microscopy applications. In this role, the Sr. Intern will work independently and as part of a team of scientists on new product development projects and novel applications for existing reagents portfolio. The Sr. Intern will apply their technical skills to plan, complete, and troubleshoot cell-based laboratory experiments within set timelines, and support other lab activities as required.
What will you do?
- Evaluate new fluorescence reagents in different cell models using Fluorescence plate readers or microscopy
- Ability to understand biochemical assay development
- Design and conduct experiments with guidance, analyzes data, and present to team members and internal collaborators.
- Address problems of moderate scope using technical knowledge and design controls
- Adhere to internal policies and procedures, as well as external quality standards
How will you get there?
BS degree in Biochemistry or any related field, currently enrolled in Masters program.
Unrestricted US Work Authorization. Forms of OPT and CPT are restricted work authorization and are not accepted for this role
Skills and Abilities
- Practical laboratory experience in maintaining and preparing mammalian cell culture
- Biochemical assay development
- Demonstrated experimental accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work towards goals and results
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and troubleshoot experiments under supervision
- Enthusiasm to learn and contribute to the team
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.