Design-Build Construction Project Manager
Design-Build Construction Project Manager – Kansas City
Populous is a unique practice with a focus on design experiences.
Our singular purpose is to design places where people love to be together.
We use the power of design to transform neighborhoods, revitalize cities, build relationships and connect people to being part of something bigger.
Populous is where architects and designers create moments bigger than ourselves. We're a globally specialized design firm with local roots in 9 cities across the Americas.
Populous offers the best of both worlds: the resources and impact of the design giants and the tightly knit atmosphere and growth opportunities of smaller firms.
WHY we design
To amplify the joy in shared moments.
HOW we do it
+ Architecture + Interior Design + Event Design + Landscape Design + Master Planning + Urban Design +Graphic Design + Product Design
WHAT we look for
+ Entrepreneurial spirit + Down to-earth nature + Trendsetting ideas + Unyielding passion + Adaptability +Curiosity + Vision + Energy + Culture enabling
WHAT perks we offer
Professional on-site development/training programs + On-site gym + Summer Hours + Flexible Schedule + Paid Architect Licensure & Certifications Exams + Wedding Pay + Freaky Fridays + Charitable match program + 2x month chair massages + Market Leading Wellness Health and Welfare Benefits.
Our Kansas City Office is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Design-Build Construction Project Manager with an expert understanding of, and experience with, commercial and institutional design-led design-build projects. The perfect applicant will have an interest in working in a dynamic and collaborative global design environment with a diverse range of public assembly building types, including the design of sports venues, convention centers, community buildings, transportation facilities, and airports.
- Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of a project.
- Work with the owner and design team early in the process to facilitate the design process.
- Assist in the direction of project planning, budgeting, and establishing critical project objectives.
- Remain cost conscious and aware of every aspect of the project.
- Produce project schedules and status reports on project work.
- Work closely with the owner and the design team in the development of preliminary concept drawings.
- Direct and coordinate activities of the client and disciplines on a project.
- Work with build partner to ensure that an accurate and complete estimate for the project is prepared.
- Participate in the proposal development, meeting with the owner to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
- Initiate or assist in contract preparation and/or negotiations.
- Oversee the buyout process and selection of subcontractor(s).
- Conduct regularly scheduled progress meetings with the owner and the construction team.
- Work within a dynamic creative environment.
- Review design concepts, production drawings, and construction documents according to established standards and technical expertise.
- Manage and/or assist in design and operational research, building & systems programming, site and building analysis, and report documentation.
- Manage and/or assist Design Team in preparing for design presentations to clients, communities, and other pertinent stakeholders, including public agencies.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction Management, or related field from an accredited curriculum.
- 5-10 years of commercial and institutional design/build construction experience.
- Registered Architect with a current license is preferred.
- Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Team-oriented, self-driven work ethic and ability to meet fast-paced project demands.
- Act with integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while constantly focusing on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes. Make necessary changes, use customer input to improve, and meet/exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation.
- Computer skills: proficiency using Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Project.
Populous offers a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits packages, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and continuing education benefits. Populous is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
No. 1 Most Innovative Company in Architecture by Fast Company
One of the 50 most innovative companies in the world for 2022 by Fast Company
No. 1 AEC firm in the convention and conference facilities sector by BD+C
No. 19 Architecture Firms of 2021 by Architectural Record
Find us here - https://populous.com/careers