U220081 - Assistant Director or Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations - University Advancement
University Advancement has a vacancy in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR). An Assistant Director or Associate Director title will be considered, dependent on a candidate’s qualifications for this position. CFR works to assist UB faculty and administrators in building mutually beneficial relationships between the university and corporate and foundation contributors.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Assistant Director/Associate Director will:
- Collaborate with university partners (faculty, administrators, university leadership) to develop strategic, coordinated, long-term, multi-faceted relationships with major corporate and foundation prospects (on behalf of the university).
- Work proactively with UB faculty, staff, administration and advancement colleagues on the identification of fundable programmatic and research initiatives, and to advance priority programs.
- Partner closely with the Office of Prospect Research in the identification of new corporate and foundation prospects, particularly those that support the university’s Top-25 Ambition.
Salary range: $50,000 – $70,000
About the Division of University Advancement
Building stronger connections with UB’s 280,000+ alumni and donors worldwide is critical to the university’s goal: to situate UB among the nation’s top 25 public research universities. UB alumni and friends are grateful and generous, supporting the largest, most ambitious fundraising campaign the university has ever launched. Through Boldly Buffalo: The Campaign for UB, we seek to raise $1 billion. We invite you to join our University Advancement team and be part of our historic efforts.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Assistant Director: A minimum of one year experience. Associate Director: A minimum of three years’ experience in a fund-development role, with demonstrated success in goal-achievement, planning and personal solicitation. Related experience in professional sales/marketing, financial planning/advising and other fields will be considered.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; an intellectual curiosity; the ability to deal with complex concepts and ambiguity as well as to negotiate. conversations/details.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (primarily local and regional travel), and to work evenings and on occasional weekends.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.