Facilities Specialist 1
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies, or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Plainville, MA | Drug Substance
Discover Impactful Work
A motivated self-starter with high levels of initiative. Responsible for supporting the Plainville, Gene Therapy clinical/commercial cGMP manufacturing facility by administering the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), to include scheduling preventative maintenance, equipment repair for internal customers, with in house staff and contract services. Developing workflows and data entry for the system coordinating and developing service contracts. Supporting Compliance efforts through established Quality systems. Identify areas of improvement to maintain high reliability, organizational performance, and compliance. Uphold safety procedures and safe practices. The role will also be responsible for providing administrative support for new equipment, installations, and modifications to existing equipment and small projects.
A Day in the Life
- Support investigations equipment failures and OOT events
- Coordinate response/follow up to critical alarms for all systems utilities and equipment.
- Support day to day department procurement to include spare parts and disposables
- Create and maintain relationships with other groups and sites to develop and promote best practice
- Identify and implement improvements to support operational performance and compliance standards.
- Complete necessary training as required to maintain compliance.
- Any other appropriate assignments as may be required.
Keys to Success:
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma/GED or international equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 3-5 years' experience with minimum of 2 years’ experience in a cGMP facility. Or an appropriate combination thereof.
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills are required. Direct experience supporting manufacturing facilities and utility systems within an FDA/EMA regulated environment. Strong computer skills. Experience with many or all the following unit operations or technologies
- Blue Mountain software
- Microsoft office
- Delta V
- JCI medics'
- ETQ or equivalent
- BMS systems
- Language, Mathematical, And/or Reasoning Ability
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment to meet the timelines and as such requires appropriate behavioral characteristics to be effective and successful. Individual must be self-motivated, have excellent planning skills and be detail oriented. Individual should also be able to manage time effectively and be organized.
Successful candidate can read and interpret documents such as safety rules; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers. Ability to make complex mathematical calculations; and follow written and verbal instructions in English. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally. Ability to maintain contemporaneous, accurate written records.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.