Data Engineering Associate
Chubb is a global leader in the insurance industry and provides an extensive suite of products to a wide range of clients. Delivering superior coverage, craftsmanship, and customer experience has always been at our core, and will continue to be as we modernize what insurance does and how we deliver it, all while protecting what our customers value most. Major initiatives are underway at Chubb to build on our strengths and expand Chubb’s reach in the digital insurance space. This means data-enriched processes and real-time insights embedded across our value chain, design thinking and an “engineers of everything” mentality, and a world-class customer experience that sets us apart. We are also reimagining our ways of working to be more adaptable and flexible through agile principles and investing in skillset development and tools for a digital age.
What We Bring:
• Dynamic Hybrid – flexible work arrangements
• Competitive offer packages which include a competitive base salary bonus and equity (for applicable roles)
• Employee stock purchase plan (15% discount)
• Comprehensive benefits that start day 1
• Retirement savings plan (Chubb contributes 9% on your behalf)
• Investment in education program- Tuition reimbursement program
• Charitable gift matching programs
• Mentorship programs to help you grow your career
The Data Engineer will work with the business to understanding data requirements and will become a data platform expert in designing and building data solutions focused on Cloud-based Big Data ecosystems. You will work closely with other data science teams and take ownership of your projects and deliver high-quality data-driven advanced analytics applications. You will solve diverse business problems by utilizing a variety of different tools, strategies, algorithms and programming languages.
Profile of Ideal Candidate:
• You are highly collaborative, creative, and intellectually curious individual who is passionate about data engineering and supporting cutting-edge computing capabilities.
• You are able work well, both individually and within a team.
• You are adaptable and able to overcome technical challenges.
• You are a self-starter and motivated to learn and succeed.
• You are data driven and are able to identify and solution problems as they arise.
What You Will Do:
• Collaborate and work with global data management stakeholders to identify requirements for complex business problems that may be loosely defined.
• Work with the business, applications owners, solutions architects, and with technical architects to understand the implications of respective data architectures to maximize the value of information across the organization.
• Build the enterprise conceptual and logical data models for analytics, operational and data mart structures in accordance to industry best practices models.
• Identify, evaluate and implement leading edge data management frameworks required to address complex large-scale data challenges.
• Work within multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development and delivery.
• Provide architectural support by building proof of concepts & prototypes.
What You Will Bring:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related STEM field with GPA of 3.0+ required
• Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required.
• Experience with programming languages like Python, Scala, Java etc.
• Experience or exposure with using tools like Jupyter hub, Jupyter notebooks etc..
• Energetic, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-national work environment.
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present, persuade and influence peers.
• Experience in performing analysis and design for data management and data driven projects.
• Exposure or knowledge of tools such as T-SQL on Spark SQL, ANSI SQL etc.
• Exposure or experience with Cloud Platforms
• Experience in designing and leading the conceptual, logical and physical design for distributed databases.
• Experience with operating system command languages such as bash or ksh
• Experience with development tools such as git and integrated development environments
• Understanding of the SAFe Agile development methodology
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.