Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
GOODWILL GULF COAST
TITLE: Payroll and Benefits Coordinator DATE WRITTEN: 09/2022
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources and Training (HRT) SUPERVISED BY: HRT Director
SUPERVISES: n/a STATUS: Full time, Exempt
Mission Contribution: To provide World Class customer service by ensuring payroll entries and benefits are completed accurately, in a timely manner. Properly administers team members’ payroll and benefits for the best interest of the agency and employees, in compliance with federal and state regulations.
Function: Perform all new hire and status change entries into the HRIS system, to assess the effectiveness of and administer the agency’s benefit plans including health, life, disability, 401K, and other initiatives that will assist Goodwill employees and/or their families.
1. Provide world class customer service including effective communication with internal and external customers.
2. Reviews all managerial approvals for accuracy and submits payroll to Paycom.
3. Enters new hire, termination and status change information into Paycom accurately and in a timely manner.
4. Enters all new hires into E-verify within 3 days of hire.
5. Enters garnishments, child support payments, and other special payroll related withholdings.
6. Process earnings/wage/employment verifications requested externally (child support, levies, etc).
7. Prepares and submits statistical reports generated from Paycom requested internally from the Executive Staff, Directors, HRT staff and others.
8. Conducts manager and employee training relating to the payroll system.
9. Participates in professional development and training opportunities and keeps abreast of payroll-related laws, regulations and best practices.
10. Completes initial enrollment, changes and cancellation of employees’ health insurance and forwards to insurance companies in a timely manner.
11. Updates benefit listings and verify and tracks insurance billings. Conduct monthly benefit billing reconciliation.
12. Coordinates and conducts open enrollment and benefit training sessions including retirement.
13. Coordinates annual wellness screenings for health insurance.
14. Manages the agency’s Flexible Spending Account benefit and keeps employees informed of renewal periods and other relevant information.
15. Conducts payroll/benefits portion of new hire orientation.
16. Makes Id and security badges for employees.
17. Sends notification and address to CEO when there is a death of employee’s relative.
18. Serves as the HRT representative at location meetings as assigned and shares information, checks suggestion boxes, conducts HR related training and answers questions.
19. Works as a team with other HRT staff and serves as back up for other HRT positions.
20. Participates in agency-sponsored events and fund raisers as needed.
21. Participates in professional development and training opportunities and keeps abreast of HR-related laws, regulations and best practices.
22. Acts as a positive role model for employees in all aspects of professional performance.
23. Maintain adherence to all company policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Skills, knowledge and abilities: (these are required to enable job holder to perform the essential functions of the job).
1. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
2. Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
3. Ability to use general office equipment including computer keyboard by touch, calculator, telephone system, copy machine, and postage machine.
4. Must be able to take initiative and make decisions with little supervision.
5. Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
6. Must be able to keep information confidential.
7. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
8. Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with, and among employees.
9. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, occasionally including evenings and weekends and hours in excess of 40 per week. Primarily during benefits open enrollment season will work extended hours as needed.
10. Ability to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
11. Must obtain and retain First Aid/CPR/AED certification and respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency at the worksite according to Goodwill Safety Policies & Procedures.
12. Must have a valid driver’s license for at least 3 years, liability automobile insurance and be insurable through the agency’s insurance carrier.
14. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred.
• Two years experience in payroll and benefits administration required.
• HRIS experience required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and/or Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Must be able to use hands, fingers and wrists, repetitively while using computer keyboard.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Adequately lighted and ventilated building. Frequent travel throughout the Gulf coast area.
Critical Performance Factors:
1. Assures that Customer Service standards are met through positive feedback from managers and employees
2. Timeliness and accuracy of processing payroll forms and meeting payroll deadlines
3. Completeness of benefit forms and files
4. Compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations