Electro Mechanical Engineering Technician
Operating Technologies Engineering Technician
We are looking for an OT (Operating Technologies) Engineering Technician who will report directly to the OT Engineering Coordinator . In this OT engineering technician role, you will provide production support for control’s and manufacturing execution systems. This will include revision management, version verification, creating and storing backups, along with some software troubleshooting. You will work with production PLCs, IO and HMIs while assisting with troubleshooting of equipment/process issues. Some light SCADA/MES software development will also be part of the job duties. We also work with an expanding array of new technologies relating to Industry 4.0 and IIoT. Technologies and protocols like OPC-UA, Node Red, MQTT, REST, JSON mostly within the Ignition and Ignition Edge environment.
Here at BRP, we’re creating new ways to get people moving forward, where their experiences are measured by emotion rather than distance. All around the world, our products, achievements and aspirations are a reflection of our teams’ exceptional expertise. Want to bring your true self on this adventure?
YOU’LL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Automation & Controls
- Work with maintenance to troubleshoot and determine root cause of failure
- Troubleshoot, configure, and deploy torque tools, leak testers, crimping hardware, automated equipment, PLC's & IO, to name a few
- Participate in automation related projects
- Data & Systems
- Modify SQL database, by manually inserting/manipulating existing records to adjust a station's queue or history
- Troubleshoot, configure, and/or deploy Zebra label printers, barcode scanners, and PC hardware
- Participate in MES/SCADA related projects
YOU’LL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associates degree or certificate in Automated Systems Technology, Electromechanical Technician/Technologies, Mechatronics, Automation or similar
- 1+ years of experience in the field of Controls, Systems, and Automation. Will consider classroom work if current students
- Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical schematics, and setup and wire basic low voltage controls, PLC’s, IO, etc.
- Experience with industrial programming ( SQL, Python, IEC 61131(LD,ST,FBD))
- Foundation in network protocols to support plant connectivity, with the ability to modify/change IP addresses
- AB software experience (AOI’s, UDT's, CCW, Logix 500, Studio5000, FTview Studio ME ,etc.)
- Codesys Software and hardware experience
- Understanding of IIoT architecture REST/SOAP, JSON, MQTT, & OPC UA
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing Concepts (Value stream maps, poka-yoke, 5's,etc) Manufacturing experience, in a mixed model manufacturing assembly environment
- SAP Experience
- Ability and willingness to learn technical and professional subjects using Electronic, in person and on the job training formats
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, self-motivated, having stress management capability and successful at managing multiple priorities and tasks. Maintaining the team's culture is a must
- Experience with Ignition, Wonderware, FTView SE, or other SCADA Systems
- Less than 10%, limited to none
- Monday – Thursday
- Hours 5pm-3:30am
- $3hr shift premium
AT BRP, WHEN WE TALK ABOUT BENEFITS, WE GO ALL IN.
Let’s start with a strong foundation — You want it, we have it:
- Bonus potential: We work hard and BRP recognizes that with a discretionary annual bonus.
- Generous paid time off: we feel that winding down is as important as creating the future of recreational products so we offer a competitive vacation package
- Competitive 401k offering. We want to make sure you enjoy retirement and believe in helping you get there. We provide a generous dollar for dollar match.
What about some feel good extra perks:
- Holiday season shutdown: between Christmas and New Year’s, we close some of our facilities and refill on good times.
- Educational resources: We love to fuel your curiosity and encourage you to learn more so we provide you resources to stay cutting-edge, therefore, we all win together.
- Discount on BRP products: what we build is amazing, freeing, revolutionary, and you're first in line for the experience.
- Growth opportunities: We believe in investing in you and your development. Stay with us and grow with us!
WELCOME TO BRP
We’re a world leader in recreational vehicles and boats, creating innovative ways to move on snow, water, asphalt, dirt and even in the air. Headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec, our company is rooted in a spirit of ingenuity and intense customer focus. Today, we operate manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, Australia and Austria, with a workforce made up of close to 20,000 spirited people, all driven by the deeply held belief that at work, as with life itself, it’s not about the destination; It’s about the journey.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.