Part-time Bridge Engineer Intern
SDR is looking for a part-time engineer intern to join our office in Tallahassee, Florida, or Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The candidate will be involved in all aspects of bridge engineering as follows:
- Bridge design and analysis.
- Bridge load rating.
- Use AutoCAD or MicroStation to prepare plans and annotations for bridges.
- Bridge condition inspection.
- Load testing of bridges.
- Assist with preparation of technical reports.
- Perform other engineering duties as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or current senior.
- Good Knowledge of Design Manuals, Standards, and Specifications such as AASHTO LRFD a plus.
- Knowledge of CAD software is a plus.
- Experience with structural design software such as AASHTOWare BrR/BrD, MDX, RC-Pier, and MathCAD is a plus.
- Knowledge of structural analysis software and finite element analysis is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and self-motivation.
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is a plus.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
SDR Engineering, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary firm, founded in 1992 to provide quality services in the areas of structural design, infrastructure strengthening and rehabilitation, inspection, non-destructive testing (NDT), and construction support. The company has three corporate offices located in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida.