Medical Laboratory Scientist (Recent Graduates)
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
Natera is currently seeking a licensed Medical Laboratory Scientist to analyze specimens and maintains equipment in good operating condition.
- Verify the proper specimen being analyzed and perform tests that need to be completed
- Proficient at analyzing clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures in an efficient manner with little to no errors
- Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of methods performed in the lab
- Provide general oversight of personnel and the daily operations in the lab.
- Meet expected performance metrics within role as applicable.
- Follow GLP (good laboratory practice): maintain clean and organized workspace
- Complete training and other deadlines on time.
- Provide guidance for new Clinical Laboratory Operator and/or Medical Laboratory Scientists.
- Train on specialized instructions for instruments/protocols (super users)
- Recognize and escalate equipment malfunctions; troubleshoot common analytical and processing errors according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedure
- Recognize, document, and escalate protocol deviations in lab to lead/supervisor
- Assist with documentation for nonconformance reports.
- Participate in the updating of departmental standard operating procedures and database to accurately reflect the current practices.
- Conduct independent continuous improvement projects
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agency requirements through proper documentation (example maintenance logs, bench worksheet)
- Perform quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data (if applicable)
- Maintain equipment and instruments in good operating condition (such as calibration and expiration date)
- Maintain inventory of material, supplies and equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Communicate with team and other departments on various platforms (including via e-mail)
- Provide feedback on day-to-day schedule and tasks to lead/supervisor; offer suggestions/ideas for improvement
- Assist teammates in completing daily tasks and facilitate workflow as needed
- Conduct himself/herself in a professional manner; act as a role model/mentor to others
- Adhere to Departmental Expectations
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• 0-9 yrs years of experience as a Medical Technologist or equivalent in a clinical laboratory environment.
• BS/BA degree in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences, or a related field
• Current MT/MLS/CLS certification preferable from ASCP, AMT, or AAB.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, troubleshooting, and pipetting skills.
• Experience in Molecular Biology preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Word processing and data management skills.
• Ability to work well in a group
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Duties typically performed in BSL-1 to 2 laboratories with potentially hazardous material
• Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
• Duties may require working weekends and overtime
• Must be able to lift boxes or supplies up to 35lbs
• Duties require wearing safety goggles, gloves, and laboratory coat.
• Duties require exposure to cold air due to frequent accessing of refrigeration and/or freezer units.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Duties are typically performed in an office setting. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information: